A Bethesda Games Forum

A Bethesda Tribute Forum
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Most Important Region of the US?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 am

Im still here. I check every day to see if anybody else posted. We may have just lost radio contact...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:00 am

Yum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shade.ninja

avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : how should i know

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:02 am

woo the powers back on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Shade.ninja Quartermaster wrote:
woo the powers back on!

Uh....what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flattoecory

avatar

Posts : 320
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 30
Location : Classified: Eyes only Top Secret

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Errr.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Welcome back everyone.
Now lets get some topic going...

I still think that the east coast is the most valuble. whats stopping us from taking point lookout. Its not like the rednecks pose any serious threat. They normally get killed instantly in my game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Well...Point Lookout isn't actually all that great imo. I mean, the only value I see there is those punga fruits, and you can just farm on the west coast. As it stands, I think the west coast is more valuable in terms of tech and factions, but the east coast is just ripe with unclaimed (by powerful factions) land and resources. So, LW bs aside, the east coast would be the easiest to gain a foothold in, so that we could then challenge the more prodigious factions in the west.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 pm

point lookout is near norfolk naval base. Its very strategic. Norfolk is one of the largest nabal bases in the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shade.ninja

avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : how should i know

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Lt. Pebble wrote:
Shade.ninja Quartermaster wrote:
woo the powers back on!

Uh....what?

there was another ice storm in oklahoma and my power went out which sucks but what sucks worse is it went out again after coming on agaqin just a little after i posted that....i also would like to say that it was cold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:25 am

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
point lookout is near norfolk naval base. Its very strategic. Norfolk is one of the largest naval bases in the world.

My lack of knowing where things are has become apparent....

Anyway, you raise a fairly good point given the likely number of munitions and tech stored there, let alone sea vessels, but let me raise you this question: How do we know any of that is still there? The Outcasts have showed us that any medium faction with fairly high tech experience can hack into a security system, and if a large enough raider group wanted in, I'm convinced they could simply overwhelm the robotic defenses. The base could also be controlled by loyalist soldiers who stuck there during the war; yay for us. Of course, given how great it apparently is, I'm willing to bet someone put it on their "places to nuke before I die" list.

(And given the scary ass radiation in the sea, I'm sure as hell not gonna be the first to get on a boat provided we do secure the base.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Lt. Pebble wrote:
Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
point lookout is near norfolk naval base. Its very strategic. Norfolk is one of the largest naval bases in the world.

My lack of knowing where things are has become apparent....

Anyway, you raise a fairly good point given the likely number of munitions and tech stored there, let alone sea vessels, but let me raise you this question: How do we know any of that is still there? The Outcasts have showed us that any medium faction with fairly high tech experience can hack into a security system, and if a large enough raider group wanted in, I'm convinced they could simply overwhelm the robotic defenses. The base could also be controlled by loyalist soldiers who stuck there during the war; yay for us. Of course, given how great it apparently is, I'm willing to bet someone put it on their "places to nuke before I die" list.

(And given the scary ass radiation in the sea, I'm sure as hell not gonna be the first to get on a boat provided we do secure the base.)

Theres a book by An admiral Mahan called the influence of sea power. If we control the sea, as well as air, it is only a matter of time before we can bombard coastal BoS bases into oblivion. Given also that robots cannot enter water, we wouldnt need to worry too much about that. We also could use the carriers to launch vertibird ops from the sea.

About the defenses:

It is a very secure base and Im sure we could put a good effort into making sure it is. Its just far enough away from DC to allow operations there without a significant threat to command. If there are survivours they will be recruited. Its a good start and I think we should go for it.

I dont believe they would waste a nuke on that base, Most of the carrier task force would be out of the base and on high alert in case of impending nuclear war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:30 pm

You make fine points Allen, but you've just raised a very good question: where the hell is our navy? Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't a large number of vessels (aircraft carriers for one) be maintained and running without resupplying at a port for quite some time? I know 200+ years is probably too long for any vessel, but surely the Enclave would have informed a few of those about the oil rig. And even if they hadn't, I'm certain there would still be a number of operational ports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shade.ninja

avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : how should i know

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:13 pm

i just assume the mutated sealife got them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 pm

given the extent of the nuclear radiation none of the crews would have survived. the carrier task force would have had no crews to helm them and would have sank due to lack of personel. As for the enclave survival on posiedon it was probobly due to that rig being heavily insulated to radiation and was designed to survive it with airlocks and such. I doubt many fish survived either. Most large fish are mammilian in nature and thus require air to breath. Sharks as well would have had radiation poisoning from fish. Most fish that survived probobly survived off of (mostly) unradiated items on the lower areas of the sea. I believe we might be able to salvage the rivet city carrier, and maybe some smaller ones that were in for repair in norfolk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 pm

I just assumed they would have installed a few nuclear counter-measures in the ships given the.....situation before the war. Besides, how did the Enclave on the oil rig think they could stomp communism (in China) without any ships...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Lt. Pebble wrote:
I just assumed they would have installed a few nuclear counter-measures in the ships given the.....situation before the war. Besides, how did the Enclave on the oil rig think they could stomp communism (in China) without any ships...?

Well...that problem solved itself when, and I qoute, we "knocked those bastards back into the stone age".
-president richardson

As for mainland America, They might have assumed stuff they shouldnt have.
Were good...not flawless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
I just assumed they would have installed a few nuclear counter-measures in the ships given the.....situation before the war. Besides, how did the Enclave on the oil rig think they could stomp communism (in China) without any ships...?

Well...that problem solved itself when, and I qoute, we "knocked those bastards back into the stone age".
-president richardson
The continental US was knocked pretty far back into the stone age too, but they still managed to kick our collective asses. What was stopping the Chinese government from doing the same thing we did?

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
As for mainland America, They might have assumed stuff they shouldnt have.
Were good...not flawless.

...I don't follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Lt. Pebble wrote:
Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
I just assumed they would have installed a few nuclear counter-measures in the ships given the.....situation before the war. Besides, how did the Enclave on the oil rig think they could stomp communism (in China) without any ships...?

Well...that problem solved itself when, and I qoute, we "knocked those bastards back into the stone age".
-president richardson
The continental US was knocked pretty far back into the stone age too, but they still managed to kick our collective asses. What was stopping the Chinese government from doing the same thing we did?

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
As for mainland America, They might have assumed stuff they shouldnt have.
Were good...not flawless.

...I don't follow.

The nuclear war knocked both countries into oblivion. China would have suffered a huge population loss and wouldnt be a threat for a few hundred years after the war. The enclave had a back up plan and gave itself time to prepare. The U.S. had vaults...china didnt give a rats about their people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flattoecory

avatar

Posts : 320
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 30
Location : Classified: Eyes only Top Secret

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
I just assumed they would have installed a few nuclear counter-measures in the ships given the.....situation before the war. Besides, how did the Enclave on the oil rig think they could stomp communism (in China) without any ships...?

Well...that problem solved itself when, and I qoute, we "knocked those bastards back into the stone age".
-president richardson
The continental US was knocked pretty far back into the stone age too, but they still managed to kick our collective asses. What was stopping the Chinese government from doing the same thing we did?

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
As for mainland America, They might have assumed stuff they shouldnt have.
Were good...not flawless.

...I don't follow.

The nuclear war knocked both countries into oblivion. China would have suffered a huge population loss and wouldnt be a threat for a few hundred years after the war. The enclave had a back up plan and gave itself time to prepare. The U.S. had vaults...china didnt give a rats about their people.

We can't, and I mean CAN'T possible know that. There have yet to be anything released to shed any light on the well being of the chinese. It is best to assume they are equal, if not better off then us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Agreed with Cory, better to assume our enemy is much better than us than to assume the inverse.

And Allen, the population loss for China wouldn't matter much. How much has the mainland population helped the Enclave? I mean, we haven't even gotten our money's worth from those damn vaults that keep producing our destroyers. So long as they brought their government, a fair portion of their elite military, tech, scientists and a few civilians (for genetic diversity) to a haven, they'd be right as rain. Hell, that's exactly what we did. And I'd bet those stealth suits would be effective as hell in at least scaring the population to submission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Lt. Pebble wrote:
Agreed with Cory, better to assume our enemy is much better than us than to assume the inverse.

And Allen, the population loss for China wouldn't matter much. How much has the mainland population helped the Enclave? I mean, we haven't even gotten our money's worth from those damn vaults that keep producing our destroyers. So long as they brought their government, a fair portion of their elite military, tech, scientists and a few civilians (for genetic diversity) to a haven, they'd be right as rain. Hell, that's exactly what we did. And I'd bet those stealth suits would be effective as hell in at least scaring the population to submission.

They didnt have Power Armor and Post War Plasma Weaponry...or space nuke sattelites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flattoecory

avatar

Posts : 320
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 30
Location : Classified: Eyes only Top Secret

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
Agreed with Cory, better to assume our enemy is much better than us than to assume the inverse.

And Allen, the population loss for China wouldn't matter much. How much has the mainland population helped the Enclave? I mean, we haven't even gotten our money's worth from those damn vaults that keep producing our destroyers. So long as they brought their government, a fair portion of their elite military, tech, scientists and a few civilians (for genetic diversity) to a haven, they'd be right as rain. Hell, that's exactly what we did. And I'd bet those stealth suits would be effective as hell in at least scaring the population to submission.

They didnt have Power Armor and Post War Plasma Weaponry...or space nuke sattelites.

Where did you get this intel? Post war means after the war by the way. You know, the time when we lost all contact with our neighbors one block away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave Colonel Allen

avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : -camp Navarro-

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Flattoecory wrote:
Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
Agreed with Cory, better to assume our enemy is much better than us than to assume the inverse.

And Allen, the population loss for China wouldn't matter much. How much has the mainland population helped the Enclave? I mean, we haven't even gotten our money's worth from those damn vaults that keep producing our destroyers. So long as they brought their government, a fair portion of their elite military, tech, scientists and a few civilians (for genetic diversity) to a haven, they'd be right as rain. Hell, that's exactly what we did. And I'd bet those stealth suits would be effective as hell in at least scaring the population to submission.

They didnt have Power Armor and Post War Plasma Weaponry...or space nuke sattelites.

Where did you get this intel? Post war means after the war by the way. You know, the time when we lost all contact with our neighbors one block away.
plasma weaponry was developed by the enclave AFTER the war...with their current power armor. It is post war...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lt. Pebble



Posts : 363
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : teh cyberlandz

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Ah...Allen's actually got a point. Our APA was developed while we were on the oil rig and, with MZ, it's revealed that plasma weaponry was only in prototype before the war.

Okay, but we don't have any "space nuke satellites" that I know of....just normal ballistic missiles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Most Important Region of the US?   

Back to top Go down
 
Most Important Region of the US?
Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Bethesda Games Forum :: Fallout Games :: Planning and Tactics-
Jump to: