A Bethesda Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bethesda Games Forum

A Bethesda Tribute Forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cliche Incompetence

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Daredhnu

Daredhnu

Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:03 am

Enclave Colonel Allen wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
What's this you speak of colonel? I can easily sell bundles of our dollars for 10 caps each!

....shit.

maybe we should start producing more botte caps and try to get fort knox back or something.

or we could just start making more dollar bills and try to reassert that as the chosen currency in the wasteland, afterall i'm sure we have the capacity to do just that.

we'll just fly down to some local town start throwing around cash insisting that they take it as compensation for the things we take then we fly off again, rince and repeat.

after a while people might actually start believing those pieces of paper have some value and start using it amongst themselves too.

and then we take fort knox and introduce gold back into the wasteland, after all we can't control the wasteland if we don't have something everyone wants. and i'm sure that the our greed for gold is an inherent genetic disability that we are all born with.

that should work, yeah that will definately work.
Back to top Go down
Enclave Colonel Allen

Enclave Colonel Allen

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:13 am

Daredhnu wrote:
Lt. Pebble wrote:
What's this you speak of colonel? I can easily sell bundles of our dollars for 10 caps each!

....shit.

maybe we should start producing more botte caps and try to get fort knox back or something.

or we could just start making more dollar bills and try to reassert that as the chosen currency in the wasteland, afterall i'm sure we have the capacity to do just that.

we'll just fly down to some local town start throwing around cash insisting that they take it as compensation for the things we take then we fly off again, rince and repeat.

after a while people might actually start believing those pieces of paper have some value and start using it amongst themselves too.

and then we take fort knox and introduce gold back into the wasteland, after all we can't control the wasteland if we don't have something everyone wants. and i'm sure that the our greed for gold is an inherent genetic disability that we are all born with.

that should work, yeah that will definately work.

I second that. But...how do bottlecaps work. How did that even START as a currency. I fugre they would have at least used silver forks or something.
Back to top Go down
Lt. Pebble

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:24 am

Too true, daredhnu. (hey that rhymed!) People are inherently attracted to bright shiny things. Maybe we could use that too our advantage....

And Allen, it was currency back in FO1, if you didn't know. The Water Merchants decided that they were good currency because they were hard to counterfeit and easy to carry, so they started saying they would accept caps as money. How it got transferred over to the East Coast I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Enclave Colonel Allen

Enclave Colonel Allen

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Lt. Pebble wrote:
Too true, daredhnu. (hey that rhymed!) People are inherently attracted to bright shiny things. Maybe we could use that too our advantage....

And Allen, it was currency back in FO1, if you didn't know. The Water Merchants decided that they were good currency because they were hard to counterfeit and easy to carry, so they started saying they would accept caps as money. How it got transferred over to the East Coast I don't know.

how would they be hard to counterfeit. Just use that nuka cola pla...nevermind. forget I said anything. I just got my retirement money...
Back to top Go down
Flattoecory

Flattoecory

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:30 pm

You know Caps were never pressed in house right? They're made in other places out of sheet metal, tin or something of that kind. But you would find a ton unused bottle caps there though, Just watch out for Nukalurks.
Back to top Go down
Enclave Colonel Allen

Enclave Colonel Allen

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:40 am

so...we can make plasma weapons, but not bottlecaps?
Back to top Go down
Daredhnu

Daredhnu

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:33 pm

We could make bottlecaps the people in the wasteland however would have much more difficulty in doing so, still wouldn't be impossible for them either though.

rendeer
Back to top Go down
Enclave Colonel Allen

Enclave Colonel Allen

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Daredhnu wrote:

We could make bottlecaps the people in the wasteland however would have much more difficulty in doing so, still wouldn't be impossible for them either though.

Flamer rendeer

But why havnt we. Surely the Enclave needs SOME things from wasteland pruducers...
Back to top Go down
Daredhnu

Daredhnu

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 pm

But why havnt we. Surely the Enclave needs SOME things from wasteland pruducers...

like what exactly? we can produce our own food/drink our own clothing, we produce our own weapons and armor, ammo etc. what exactly do we need from the wasteland?
only thing that comes to mind is raw materials but we could just take those by force if we wanted.

in the end the enclave doesn't really need the wastelanders or their "currency"
Back to top Go down
Lt. Pebble

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Daredhnu wrote:

like what exactly? we can produce our own food/drink our own clothing, we produce our own weapons and armor, ammo etc. what exactly do we need from the wasteland?
only thing that comes to mind is raw materials but we could just take those by force if we wanted.

in the end the enclave doesn't really need the wastelanders or their "currency"

Well, I suppose we could use them for slave labor. There's only so much our machines can do, and they require maintenance and lots of energy. People, especially those hardened wastelanders, can live pretty well off a loaf of bread and a quart of water each day. As a plus, they come cheap... :shifty eyes:
Back to top Go down
Daredhnu

Daredhnu

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Lt. Pebble wrote:
Well, I suppose we could use them for slave labor. There's only so much our machines can do, and they require maintenance and lots of energy. People, especially those hardened wastelanders, can live pretty well off a loaf of bread and a quart of water each day. As a plus, they come cheap... :shifty eyes:

too true, though i doubt power requirements are something we would have to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Enclave Colonel Allen

Enclave Colonel Allen

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 am

Well...if one guy dies. Then who replaces him? Some of our civies died in the posiedon rig explosion. Who do we have left?
Back to top Go down
Daredhnu

Daredhnu

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Well...if one guy dies. Then who replaces him? Some of our civies died in the posiedon rig explosion. Who do we have left?

personally i believe the enclave had a couple of "private" vaults spread through america.
i don't like the idea that we were so stupid that we put all of our eggs in one basket, so to speak.

beyond ravenrock, which obviously was a military facility, and the oil rig, the central hub of our government, there must have been civilian/manufacturing vaults, to support our military assets.

that's how i look at things anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lt. Pebble

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Daredhnu wrote:

personally i believe the enclave had a couple of "private" vaults spread through america.
i don't like the idea that we were so stupid that we put all of our eggs in one basket, so to speak.

beyond ravenrock, which obviously was a military facility, and the oil rig, the central hub of our government, there must have been civilian/manufacturing vaults, to support our military assets.

that's how i look at things anyway.
Aye. I mean, where the hell did we get all that APA in FO3? RR was isolated since the war, so it couldn't have been stockpiled, and that's a hell of a lot of metal to bringing along across the US.

By the way, since I've never played FO2, does it show what the Enclave eats? I don't think a greenhouse on the Oil Rig could support a population like the Enclave's.
Back to top Go down
Daredhnu

Daredhnu

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:56 am

according to the latest fluff, the vaults use something akin to what they have in star trek.
those dispenser things which i can't remember the name of right now.

probably a lot more limited though you'd probably need something similar to what you are trying to create or it's basic components to create something.

atleast thats how i read that bit, it could also be interpretted differently i suppose.

because if it's not like this then pretty much every base needs some form of hydroponics bay to grow food in and it would need to be big too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cliche Incompetence   Cliche Incompetence - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cliche Incompetence
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Bethesda Games Forum :: Fallout Games :: General Discussion-
Jump to: